Saturday, September 18, 2010

Dillon - last week being 1!!!


Dillon turns two on Wednesday - some days I cannot believe he is only 24 months!! He just amazes me daily! Let me tell you a few things he has said over the past couple weeks.
On the way home from picking Dillon up from school recently, California Girls was on the radio. I looked in the rear view mirror to see Dillon's hands waving in the air - - - the song was on the course "West coast represent, put your hands up" ... I didn't realize he was listening to the words on the radio!! I had tears coming out of my eyes I was laughing so hard! I was not expecting that!
Last week Mom and I caught Dillon counting on his fingers - he counted to FIFTEEN!! 15! He's not even 2 yet!!! Is that not insane??
This past weekend we went flying and camping. As we were leaving the campground, Dillon was already in the plane and I was climbing into the seat. Due to all the camping gear, Dillon needed to sit on my lap instead of by himself. When I got in, I pretended to sit on Dillon's lap and he said "excuse me Mommy". It cracked me up!
Then Thursday this week Dillon was taking a bath and I asked him what he wanted for his birthday. Thinking he didn't really know what I was talking about since he's only had 1 birthday and I'm pretty sure he doesn't remember it, I tried to help him out. I said "do you want a Thomas the train??" and Dillon responded with "and a helicopter!" How did he know what I was talking about and how did he remember seeing a toy helicopter at Target the day before??
Last night we went to Winston-Salem after work/school to pick up Carly (Mom had a hair appointment, so headed home early). When we were leaving he said to Mom "see you Sunday!" ... LOL She always says that to him when she leaves on Fridays, but again - who knew he was listening and how did he know to say it?? CRAZY!
When I ask Dillon how old he's going to be this week he says either "4" or "5" ... I think he might be on to something! HA HA! So cute!!! In preparation for his big day, Dion took him to get a haircut this morning (his 4th). Dion said he did great, and we think it's his best hair cut yet! ISN'T HE PRECIOUS?? I can't believe my baby is going to be an official toddler Wednesday! :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

precious precious!!!! love the haircut!!!! time files! -Ashley Wagoner Lentz III

Ashley B said...

Love it-- what a cutie pie-- one of these days I want to meet both of your sweet babies in person!!