Friday, April 30, 2010

Little Man Dillon

In my last post I mentioned that yesterday was stressful - let me explain that a little bit, and use this opportunity to brag on my Dillon! Wednesday my doctor said that my appointment at the hospital would be in the afternoon, and they would call in the morning to give me the exact time. OK, perfect - so Dillon goes to school, and then Dion and I go to the hospital in the afternoon. JUST IN CASE, we'll pack a bag for Dillon and leave his car seat at the school.
Appointment made for 2:45 ... ok, that works. Let's just say it takes an hour, so we're done about 4pm. Dion can leave then and pick up Dillon while I stay at the hospital for monitoring and while I wait for the results. Dillon will be in the bed by the time the results come back. If the results come back negative, we'll just need someone to sit with Dillon while D runs to pick me up. If the results are positive, then we'll need someone to stay at the house until my Mom can get there from the beach. Plan in place. No sweat.
So, we get to the hospital at 2:30 and then at 3 the nurse comes out and says it will be 4pm before we can be seen (the doctor I saw was also the doctor on-call). Then the stressing starts - - - I mean, we were totally prepared for Dillon to go stay with our friends Annie and Andy who also have children at the Goddard School, BUT Dillon had never been ANYWHERE without me, Dion or my Mom. Nowhere. How was he going to react going home with another family? Oh goodness - this is not what I needed right then! I really wanted Dion to stay with me, but maybe it was better if he just left and picked up Dillon ... but then again, it was only going to be about 2 hours, so Dillon should be fine even if he was upset ... all these thoughts are running through my head!
So Dion convinced me that Dillon would be fine, not to worry, etc. Well, turns out Dillon WAS perfectly fine - probably happier than if we had picked him up! We walked into Annie and Andy's house and the kids were eating. Dillon was sitting on the counter because they ran out of high chairs, and he was just as happy as could be! He had pizza, cheese, strawberries, blueberries, raisins ... he was living it up! When he saw us, he said "Mommy! Daddy!", then stuffed his little cheeks some more! No big deal made at all; no sign of relief that we were there! :)
I underestimate Dillon a lot. I cannot believe how chill he is, and how he is so able to adapt to whatever comes up. He is just a little angel! After he finished eating last night, he played with the boys - Charlie is 3 and Caleb is 4 months younger than Dillon. They had the best time and it made me really excited about Dillon getting a sister of his own!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

precious!!! i love you!!! ashley (lentz)