Thursday, April 29, 2010

No Baby Tonight!

Thank you all for the kind words on here and facebook! It means a lot to us! Everything went good today - there were a lot of stressful moments, but in the end everything worked out.
The procedure went well - it was a little painful and a lot stressful. The doctor whom I had never met was really nice and encouraging. The technician did a thorough ultrasound and confirmed that everything looked good. The baby is still small, but heartbeat was strong, the blood flowing through the cord was good, movement, etc. He measured the baby at 4 lbs 15 oz, yesterday at the doctor's office, the technician measured at 4 lbs 11 oz. Maybe she gained some weight, or maybe the calculations are just a little off. From what I have learned, ultrasounds later in the pregnancy are not as accurate.
The results of the test came back and they were negative, meaning the lungs have not fully developed. This was good news and bad news to me. I am glad to have some more time to process and get ready for the baby - and glad to not be up all night in labor! But a little disappointed that the lungs haven't developed and we can't just have her now and know that everything is okay. Although - having said that, I am hopeful that she will actually continue to grow over the next few days. Never know!
Right now the plan is for me to call my doctor in the morning and schedule an appointment to hook up to the fetal monitor so she can check the heart rate again. I am hoping to go tomorrow to do this. That will just make me feel a little better about things. And then if nothing goes wrong between now and then, we'll have an induction on Wednesday! Which actually is cool because my doctor is the one on-call starting then, and I love her.
So all is well right now. We still have a healthy, active baby - she just hasn't been introduced to the world yet! (Which considering we still don't have a name is probably a good thing!) Will keep you posted - thanks for all the prayers today! That is really helping!
Now I'm off to eat ... haven't eaten since breakfast. And trust me, I would have been disappointed if my breakfast of cereal and half a bagel was my last meal as a pregnant lady - - I mean, I need to live it up! I can't wait to do the Old Timers at Cracker Barrel one last time on Saturday! Followed by some fried chicken from Bojangles ... Gotta run! Stomach's growling!

1 comment:

Holli said...

Thinking of you all!! I am sure this is so stressful for you. Hang in there and hope you get to have a good calm weekend at home.