Friday, June 18, 2010

What's That in Your Ear?

Oh yeah - your eyes are not playing tricks on you! Those are earrings! Dillon noticed right away! I also sported some lip gloss earlier in the day! I know I sound pathetic ... mother of 2 finally puts on earrings ... but it is the little things in life! :) (NOTE: Still wearing stretchy pants in public. There will be another post when that changes!)In other news, Carly Mae is now wearing some things that are not "newborn" ... this is quite exciting! She has a lot of really really cute dresses and I cannot wait to put them on her! Today she wore her first fancy outfit out to eat ... it is a Friday night afterall and her mama was wearing earrings (did I mention that earlier?)
In Dillon news, he had roseola. For all my parent friends who don't know what this is (because I didn't), it starts with a very high fever (102.5 and higher) and lasts a couple of days. This is what Dillon had Friday - Sunday. It can also cause a bacterial infection, hence Dillon's earaches. Then a day or so later, a rash breaks out on the belly. For Dillon, I noticed this Tuesday night, but thought it was because he had been playing outside and was just hot. Anyway, very interesting. No other side effects, and there is no vaccine. I had it as a child ... I guess it's more common than I realized. Kind of scared me when the doctor first said he had roseola, but turns out to be no big deal. We go back to the ENT in 3 weeks - - - hopefully no ear infections between now and then!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Steph, you look WONDERFUL! Your babies are presh and I love your shirt so much I want to know where you got it. :)

BTW, I know exactly what you mean about the earrings and lip gloss.