Saturday, January 10, 2009

If Every Day Could Be Like Today ...

Today was such a great day! I am feeling so energized that even though it's after midnight and I should be exhausted, I want to blog!

This morning Mom and I got up at 5:25 and went to the 5:45 pilates class at the gym. It was really nice and ended with an aromatherapy eye wrap ... aaahhhh ... who knew? Then after we got home, Dion and I actually spoke more than "Have a good day; I love you; call me later." That's our normal morning conversation! It was nice to be alert before 8! Mom and I had an egg sandwich and then she headed back to Winston for the weekend. I was home today and got to spend a lot of time with my sweet baby. He was so delightful today! (and every day, but especially today) He was giggling at me throughout the day. I hardly had the TV on, but rather we listened to music on my iTunes, so we danced around the house a lot and had the best time! (Pink's new CD cracks Dillon up ...)

For lunch, Dillon and I met Dion at Brooklyn Brothers ... very yummy! When Dion got home around 6, I started on a fun project of monogramming some burp cloths for a friend. This was really cool - it was only 4 items, which is like a breeze! Plus it was for the friend who owns the machine, so I was feeling great about helping her out. I got those done without any issues (thank goodness!). The next thing I know it's time for Dillon's last bottle, change and then rocking him to sleep ... which was just so sweet tonight! He fell asleep in record time (like less than 2 minutes) while I was rocking him and I was whispering to him "I love you baby" and every time I did, he would giggle in his sleep. It was the sweetest thing! He is absolutely adorable!

THEN - after I laid him down I headed out to paint some pottery. I was planning to meet a friend there, but when I arrived around 10pm, a few friends were there. What a treat! So, I had a good couple of hours catching up with some friends and getting some painting done. Now it's midnight, I just got home, both of my boys are sound asleep and I have my warm pjs on. I tell you what - I don't think it gets much better than this!

No comments: