Friday, January 9, 2009

Trying to Sit Up


Dillon has conquered spitting up, so now he is moving on to sitting up! Just kidding about the spitting up ... he's no worse than the average baby! But anyway - my little baby is getting so big! He weighs more than 13 lbs now! More than double his birth weight! And today I tried to get him to sit up on the floor on his own. He did okay for a few minutes, then got fussy. I think it's probably a little tiring, especially since he is getting over his first cold.

Besides trying to sit up, Dillon has really become active with some toys! He loves laying on the floor jungle gym/mat thing. He will play down there banging around the toys for a good long while. He likes watching the lights and kicking too!

And this picture was taken the other day. I had gone to the grocery store I think and when I got home I heard the shower on, but couldn't find Dillon in his crib and his chair was still in the living room. Well, his daddy had made him quite a comfy bed in the bathroom so he could keep an eye on him while getting ready! Too cute!

A side note is I went back to work last week. This was my first full week. It's not too bad. There is a lot of unknown with my job right now (b/c of the Wachovia Wells merger), so it's not the norm. But, not too bad either. Mom is having fun I think watching Dillon - and Dion and I are loving having her here. Her birthday was Monday, so here's a belated birthday wish - and a picture of the cupcakes I baked (they are Weight Watchers!) By the time Mom got one though, the powered sugar had been absorbed ... this pic looks great though!

1 comment:

Ashley B said...

I am not sure how I miss some of your posts-- I have never seen this one-- cute