Thursday, March 26, 2009

Watch Out Denise Richards

OK – last night I participated in my third ZUMBA class. I am rather enjoying myself going. Tonight we had a substitute teacher. She was really carefree, lots of free-style, do what you want kind of moves. I was actually much better at following her because she did not have a set routine … here are my comments:
- felt like I was back in high school Spanish class when she would randomly start telling us what to do in Spanish … just like in class, I pretended to know what was going on.
- there was one move where you bend over and shake your rear in the air – to quote the teach, “this one comes on fast girls, you have to be ready for it”
- learned “salsa” means “mix”, so when she said do the salsa, it could really be a mix of anything you felt … (aka now freestyle to me!)
- danced like I was on vacation in Mexico! the class was really full and it really felt like a poolside activity at the Sandals (except we were in a classroom and it was cold and rainy outside, and everyone was pasty pasty white and there were no drinks with umbrellas being served … other than that, just like being on vacation!)
- speaking of salsa – Harris Teeter has their HT Traders salsa for ½ price.
- single, single, double is still my favorite move!
Anyone in the Huntersville area who wants to try this out with me, let me know! I will work on getting you a pass! It's definitely a good time!!

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

Gotta love the single, single, double . . it's my favorite too!