Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Zumba ...

So many comments ... where to start??

1) I took this class because Dawn and Julie both mentioned how fun it was on facebook
2) The whole time, all I wanted was a taco
3) I thought I could dance - I was wrong
4) The class would be a lot of fun with friends (that also can't dance)
5) Am I the only one would wanted a taco & margarita???
6) Why is there not a free-style portion of the class?
7) I no longer think I could be on Dancing with the Stars

If you don't know what Zumba is, it's a Latin inspired cardio dance class. There was belly dancing, hip hop (to Mexican music), samba, salsa, mambo, tango and something that start with a c ... we'll just call it the choo-choo. I was thrustin', spinnin', "playing the drums" ... everything but the shopping cart. Aah, the shopping cart ... now that's a good dance move. "Kick the kid" ... LOL Maybe we can incorporate that next week!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

you are cracking me up. i would have loooooved to be a fly on the wall during that class! can i come watch?

Courtney said...

Stephanie, I just adore you!

You've made me laugh SO HARD this morning!

When I was a member at the Y I took plenty of Zumba classes and I really found it entertaining although I agree with a lot of your comments. As with any exercise class, a lot of the success of the class depends on the instructor. But even with a good instructor I still couldn't be on DWTS!